Please go to www.petfinder.com to find rescues that work with dogs like the one you wish to surrender.
Helpful hints for rehoming an animal yourself:
(1) Always ask potential adopters for the telephone number of their
veterinarian, then call the vet's office for a reference. You'll find that most vets' offices are very helpful! This is the BEST way to quickly eliminate the creeps who acquire animals for dog fighting bait, labs or feeding to their snakes. (YES, this happens!)
(2) Copy one of SHF's adoption application forms, and ask all potential adopters the same questions.
(3) Post pictures of your pet at all vet's offices, together with a description of their qualities and needs. Don't lie about your pet's faults (and be willing to recognize that some of these faults might be your own, if you haven't provided good, consistent, leadership and training).
(4) Be prepared to update your pet on all vaccines and lab tests, plus neutering prior to placing.
(5) Request that potential adopters bring pictures of previous pets and their home if you're not willing to visit their home directly. Check their address at googlemaps.com and check their profile on Facebook before meeting them!